Welcome to Chelfham Mill School
Helping, educating and caring for boys aged 7 - 18 years with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Celebrating over 45 years of Education, Care and Therapeutic Excellence.
Our Mission statement...
"To provide a secure, caring environment in which each boy can realise his full educational and social capabilities and become a better adjusted individual ready to cope successfully with lifes demands."
We can provide:
- A nurturing environment where personal relationships flourish and each child’s emotional and developmental needs are met.
- A flexible, individual approach largely based on (learning) theory.
- Psychotherapy provided by qualified cognitive/behavioural psychotherapist (who is also an educational psychologist) and the Principal who is also qualified in CBT. Therapeutic Drama using CBT, Nature Quest Therapy (see later), and full time Art & Play Therapy.
- Expertise in all types of emotional and behavioural problems including helping those with A.D.H.D, Tourette and Asperger syndromes.
- Fuly trained and experience Anger Management trainers to offer Anger Management therapy and strategies to enable the boys to manage themselves and others.
- Personal programmes for those with specific learning difficulties.
- Care and help to heal children who have been abused.
- A comprehensive social skills training scheme and unique self occupation/leisure scheme which contributes to self esteem enhancement.
- Family link work to improve parental management skills.
- Full access to the National Curriculum, GCSEs, ASDAN, BTECs, AS & A levels.
- 52 week, 38 week with respite and 38 week placements.
Age Range (MALE):
» click here to contact us
Aged 7 years to 18 years
Day, 38 week, 52 week or
flexible with respite
We stand independently as one school and not part of a group.
Chelfham Mill School
Policies can be found at the end of our essential information PDF download (link above right)